As we delve deeper into 2014, those high hopes of personal change for the new year have most likely lost there novelty and been forgotten. For many of us, loosing unwanted body fat is at the top of the list. Don’t despair!! It’s not to late to rewind back to your new years intentions and make those changes you have been forever longing for!! Excess body fat occurs because we are taking in more calories then we are able to utilize, in the most simplest terms. By changing some of your everyday lifestyle habits that you have become accustomed to, you will begin the process of change!
Here are 5 simple lifestyle changes in which you can help your body shed unwanted inches:
1) NO more refined sugar!! What does that mean?? Stop taking in that white, sparkly, looks like snow, addictive sweetness!! Not only will you avoid that terrible sluggish feeling that happens after the “sugar high” but you will also rid your body of excess fat, as well as preventing: tooth decay, diabetes, cardiovascular disease and cancers!! Some great alternatives: Agave Nectar, un-pasturized honey, pure maple syrup.
2) NO more refined and processed foods!! So basically stop buying foods in the middle isles of the grocery stores!! Processed foods are high in refined sugars, white flours and basically have zero nutritional content. Need quick meals on the run?? Start meal planning….make too much and freeze the rest!! The more you avoid boxed foods, the more energy you will have, the more body fat you will shed and the healthier you and your family will be.
3) Eat MORE fruits and vegetables!! Base your meals around fruits and vegetables and by doing so you will find yourself feeling more satisfied and less likely to crave those evil sugars. Fruits and vegetables are not only jam-packed with nutrients, including proteins to keep you healthy, they are also full of fibre, which will help you feel full, as well cleanse your intestines to keep you healthy!! This rainbow of produce, is like natures true weight loss solution!
4) Eat LESS Dairy!! Bottom line: Dairy = increased estrogen production = increased fat stores. If you are going to consume dairy at all, take it in during the morning hours. All the vitamins and nutrients you can get in dairy can also be found in fruits and vegetables, so dairy is not a need it’s a want!!
5) EAT whole wheat!! The difference between whole wheat and white: is the difference between less processed and over processed. If your going to indulge in breads and pastas, you should at the very least make sure that they are whole wheat. Not only do they still have some nutritional value but they also enable slow releasing energy, keeping you fuller longer and preventing you from over eating. Try to consume these foods in the earlier parts of the day when you are more likely to use up this energy. If you have gone gluten free try: Rice pastas and Ezekiel breads, they are a satisfying option to wheat based products.
By practicing these 5 everyday diet changes, not only will you feel more energy but you will also notice a decrease in body fat and an increase in overall health!! The first step to changing your body is to change those bad habits…so lets get started!!