If your anything like me, in the evenings your sweet tooth comes out. I usually curb my cravings with a piece of dark chocolate but I have found an even better alternative to make you feel good. I stumbled upon this recipe for chocolate peanut butter hot cocoa… Packed with everything good for you, this hot drink is sure to appease your sweet tooth:)
Chocolate Peanut Butter Hot Cocoa
Adapted from Tall, Dark, and Handsome Hawt Cocoa.
Yield: 2-4 servings (3.5-4 cups)
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk (14-15oz)
- 1.5 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 2 tbsp all natural peanut butter
- Pinch or two of kosher salt, to taste
- 6 tablespoons of maple syrup to taste
Directions: Sift the cocoa powder. This step is key so it is not clumpy! Throw all ingredients into a pot and whisk like crazy. Bring to a low boil and then simmer on low for several minutes while whisking to remove any remaining clumps. Pour into 2 mugs Enjoy !! Makes 2-4 servings (3.5-4 cups).