It’s Saturday morning, mid summer and I am finally able to sit down and write a quick post. In Canada… we are blessed with short summers and long winters, so being outdoors enjoying the little, warm weather we get is so important!! With that said, I haven’t had the opportunity to blog recently but I will tell you that I have been listening to some very inspiring podcasts that have given me an entirely new perspective on life; I hope to share with you in a (up coming) video blog soon!!
Today’s blog is a vegan Cauliflower, Shawarma recipe I came across on Pinterest!! If your anything like me and you absolutely love middle eastern food and having a Falafel, Shawarma plate, is like an out of body experience!!
Summer is busy, so for me I am always looking for recipes that are quick and healthy, this recipe is ready from fridge to table in no more then 40 minutes!!
Hope you Enjoy!!
(Recipe credit is given to www.veganricha.com)
Cauliflower Shawarma – Shawarma Spice Roasted Cauliflower in warm flatbreads with hummus & lemony tahini dressing.
- Shawarma spice blend: easily doubled or tripled
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- ⅛ tsp ground cloves
- a generous pinch of nutmeg and allspice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 small head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ to ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp oil
- ⅓ to ½ tsp cayenne
- ½ tsp garlic granules or 1 tsp garlic paste
- Shawarma spice blend (all of the above or 1 tablespoon or more or other Mediterranean blend of choice)
- Pita breads or yeast-free flatbreads
- chopped tomatoes
- chopped cucumber or pickles
- lettuce or greens
- 1 recipe tahini dressing
- cilantro or parsley