Good Morning !!! As promised, I am going to share with you and amazing Curried Carrot Soup that I discovered on the Martha Stewart website:) If you like Curry, then you are going to love it paired with Carrots!! It’s super easy to make and I usually double the recipe and freeze some for later:) As I discussed in my last post Beta-Carotene promotes skin radiance, elasticity and supports our immune function. This soup really embraces all of these health benefits to their full potential, leaving your complexion glowing!! I have made this recipe twice now…and just can’t get enough!! ENJOY!!
(I use organic carrots/lemons and substitute chicken for vegetable broth. Also use a dab of goats cheese to serve, delightful!!)
Prep: 20 min Total Time: 40 min Servings: 4
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth (about 3 1/2 cups)
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish (optional)
- Heat butter in a Dutch oven or large (4- to 5-quart) saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, curry powder, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add broth, carrots, and 3 cups water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover, and simmer until carrots are tender, about 20 minutes.
- In a blender, puree soup in batches until smooth; transfer to a clean saucepan. Add more water to thin to desired consistency. Reheat, if necessary. Stir in lemon juice. Serve garnished with cilantro, if desired.
If your carrots don’t taste sweet enough, add up to a teaspoon of brown sugar in step 2. To serve the soup chilled, let cool, and then refrigerate in a covered container.